The International Taxicab and Livery Foundation (ITLF) was chartered in 1987 as a nonprofit charitable organization for the purpose of furthering the progress of the ground transportation industry. In October 2000, ITLF changed its name to the Taxicab, Limousine & Paratransit Foundation in conjunction with the International Taxicab and Livery Association's decision to become the Taxicab, Limousine & Paratransit Association.
Thanks to a generous bequest from the estate of former TLPA member Herman Tate and ongoing membership contributions, TLPF has been able to do the following:
- Sponsor and conduct research about the effect of government regulation in our industry
- Produce a professional video about the effect of government regulation in our industry
- Publish studies to improve public understanding and perception of our industry
- Conduct educational programs through the Transportation Management Institute
- Offer scholarships to encourage individuals to pursue a career in transportation management
TLPA members may make a tax-deductible charitable contribution in a number of different ways. Each contribution of $10,000 or more will have a separate fund established in the contributor's name within the Foundation. Any educational grant or program generated from that fund will bear the contributor's name.
For more information about the Foundation, please call (301) 984-5700 or send an e-mail to email@example.com. U.S. Income and Estate Tax Laws are constantly being revised and updated. For current information about types of gifts, estate planning and tax consequences of giving, please contact an attorney.